tisdag 14 maj 2013

Personporträtt - Hazel Ferretti, konsertmästare, violin

foto: Henrik Torolphi

Hazel Ferretti, konsertmästare, violin

" I was born and grew up in Durban, South Africa studying both piano and violin. After High School I did a Bachelors degree in musik at the University of Cape Town and upon comletion of this played for 6 years on contract first with CAPAB, the opera/ballet orchestra in Cape Town and then with the Cape Town Symphony Orchestra during which time we toured to Taiwan and Hong Kong. During trips back to Durban I free-lanced with The Durban Philharmonic. These jobs were dream jobs, beautiful music in beautiful cities with a cosmopolitan crowd of musicians (80% of the musicians were from the States or Europe).
Most holidays hiking in the mountains and travelling through different African countries. Naturally it required some serious partying after concerts to blunt the sheer exhilaration of it all.

foto: Beata Angelbjörk

After this I moved to USA to do a Masters degree in Music specializing in violin performance. I loved the academic life and continued from there to the Eastman School of Music in Rochester New York where I began a doctoral program in Music theory (20th century structural analysis). Two years later after completing the Master of Arts in theory I met a bushy haired Italian physicist and decided to quit partying ang get married. This required moving to Sweden (yepp it was for love, not the weather).
A further stint of 6 years in different cities, (Göteborg, Uppsala, Trieste/Italy) during which time I free-lanced with many different orchestras, also the GSO (Göteborgs symfoniker), and played a lot of chamber music. I produced two stunningly beautiful, genius daughters who not get to read and edit this.

foto: Richard Balazs

Then a return to Göteborg when the bushy haired Italian landed a job at Chalmers and since then working as violin pedagogue and free-lance performer. Summers usually back in South Africa or Italy.

foto: Beata Angelbjörk

My hobbies are reading everything I can manage to load onto my kindle without blowing the microchip, and running (5th Göteborgsvarvet comming up).
My goals in life, amongst others, are to play with the Berlin Phil (aint gonna happen), run a full 42 km marathon (most probably aint gonna happen) and speak better Swedish (doesn´t seem to be happening).
But, oh baby, I will keep on running and dreaming."

Jag håller tummarna och hejar på Hazel, det är bara några få dagar till Göteborgsvarvet...!
Och jag håller tummarna för att Hazels alla drömmar går i uppfyllelse... (It´s gonna to happen!)


Intervju: Beata Angelbjörk



foto: Beata Angelbjörk

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar